Thursday, July 19, 2012

Simple Supper salad

It's been so hot and humid here I think my brain has fried and turned to mush.
And because of the fried brain syndrome, I present a simple salad to go with our simple supper.
Add some vinaigrette dressing, a piece of grilled sirloin and a microwaved "baked" potato, and there's a don't-heat-your-house meal!
I definitely don't want to turn on the stove or the oven. For anything.

We sit outside at the picnic table because "it's summer!" But as soon as dinner is done we run back in to the air-conditioning. What wusses we have become.

Do you have any favorite minimally-heated summer meals?


1 comment:

tink's mom said...

My go to summer cool down meal is Gazpacho. I use the basic recipe from my 30+ year old Betty Crocker cook book. I fudge the amounts of things to go with what's at the farmers market and skip the oil all together. I stop at the food store and pick up a freshly cooked chicken to go with it. This usually gives us at least 4 meals and a lunch or two. 2 Meals with hot from the store chicken and the rest from the cold leftovers.